The Arc Davidson County & Greater Nashville (The Arc DCGN) is a family based organization that promotes, protects and advocates for the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live self-determined, meaningful lives in inclusive communities. The Arc DCGN has been in existence for more than 60 years providing services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their families.
- The Family Support Program manages a Tennessee state-funded grant that provides financial assistance for individuals and families of individuals who have a severe, permanent disability and are residents of Davidson County. Families may use the funds granted for services needed to improve the quality of life of the individual with a disability. Such expenses might include home modifications, specialized equipment, medical supplies, respite care, or transportation. There are more than 800 families in this program.
- Independent Support Coordination Program advocates for the rights of individuals in the Medicaid Waiver program through a contract with Tennessee’s Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. The Independent Support Coordinators (ISC’s) in this program help over 335 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Middle Tennessee manage the services they need including medical care, therapy, and other services that make work and community life possible.
- Employment Services supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities as they become successfully employed, productive members of their communities. Each step in the supported and customized employment process is provided by a trained expert in matching the right person to the right job.
- eDocTN is our Social Enterprise, which trains individuals with I/DD in document preparation, alpha-numeric filing, scanning, sorting and data entry. After researching social enterprise opportunities that other Arc chapters had made successful, The Arc DCGN established eDocTN, edoctn.org after an already profit driven model, eDocNY. eDocNY is a social enterprise created by The Arc Westchester County, New York.
- Arcability, LLC staffing agency providing avenues of temporary to full time employment for individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
Sheila Moore is the Chief Executive Officer. She has more than 25 years of experience in serving the disability community on a local, statewide and national level.