Greg is the founder of Aspire to Give®, a social enterprise dedicated to unleashing human generosity through donor education, social innovation, collaboration, and advocacy. Greg serves as the Philanthropist in Residence at Auburn University’s Cary Center for the Advancement of Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies; as well as on the Board of Directors for the International Association for Advisors in Philanthropy.
Greg is also the author of the book: Aspire to Give: How to Create a More Meaningful Life through Your Giving available on Amazon.
As a West Point graduate, Greg is a servant leader with over 20 years of experienced and credentialed expertise in all facets of financial, retirement, estate, and philanthropic planning. He has a passion for teaching and guiding donors, business owners, and trusted advisors to make smart, educated benevolent decisions to improve the lives of others, safeguard our environment, and better our local communities. Greg’s specific focus is on:
- Donor Education: We guide donors by providing them with traditional and leading-edge know-how to make smarter and more meaningful and impactful giving decisions. By guiding donors through our Appreciative Donor Education Process, we channel each donor’s strengths, passion, and purpose to be more informed, purposeful, meaningful, and impactful with their generosity.
- Social Innovation: As the saying goes, “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you always got.” At Aspire to Give®, we seek to innovate, collaborate, and leverage leading-edge philanthropic processes and tools to make a greater impact to solve our persistent social challenges—especially at the grassroots, local community level.
- Collaboration: No man or woman—or business or organization, for that matter—is an island unto themselves. At Aspire to Give®, we seek out and embrace collaborative relationships to make a greater philanthropic impact. With clearly defined common goals and a positive, appreciative process leveraging each stakeholder’s strengths, we believe together we can transform lives by creating change and providing solutions.
- Advocacy: At Aspire to Give®, we seek to advance philanthropy by supplementing traditional processes and tools with technology and leading-edge philanthropic practices by promoting:
- Individual Donors: We “flip the script.” Instead of always being on the receiving end—the “ask” of fundraising—we advocate for proactive individual philanthropic education, empowerment, and the self-reliance of each individual donor.
- Business & Professionals: We believe business owners and professionals can align their business and social missions to increase business revenues by aligning and engaging all stakeholders – owners, employees, customers, vendors, and the local community – in doing social good.
- Your Hometown: We believe that hometown challenges are best solved at the local, grassroots level through the collaboration of all stakeholders. By supplementing traditional philanthropy with social entrepreneurship, impact investing, and leading-edge tools such as the Appreciative Donor Education Process, you can improve your hometown.