Pink Elephant Products and Events L3C manufactures non-toxic cleaning and home care products, personal care products, and cosmetics free of synthetic fragrance and hormone-disrupting chemicals. Profits support our educational programming and innovative recycling programs. We have partnered with Detroit non-profits serving homeless and housing-insecure youth to empower at-risk youth with job training, employment, industry knowledge, and exposure to the resources and mentorship available in the Detroit small business community.
Our triple bottom line approach includes the following:
- We have partnered with TerraCycle to accept certain ‘unrecyclable’ items from our customers – these shipments to TerraCycle are redeemed for donations to the non-profits we partner with.
- We help our customers reduce their environmental footprint by packaging in glass and allowing our customers to return their containers for refilling, thereby reducing the use of virgin materials. We provide reusable bags with every purchase.
- Our inclusive line of vegan, organic cosmetics offers shades for every skin tone.
- We educate the community about the impact consumer products have on human health, the disproportionate impact of the toxicity of hair straightening and skin lightening products marketed to women of color and the narrow standards of beauty such products promote, and the toxicity and negative messages of feminine sprays and wipes.
- Our ‘Everyday Science for Kids: The Science of Clean’ series is a workshop for Detroit area students where we explore the science of products we use every day through fun, hands-on experiments. Students go home with a binder of materials covered in class plus a certificate of completion.