Vice President Development
- August 2, 2019
About This Job
Soles4Souls seeks a Vice President Development as described below. Interested candidates should submit resume AND cover letter detailing interest and qualifications no later than 6/14/19 to email@example.com.
- Participate with senior leadership in developing fundraising strategy and plans
- Oversee initiatives to reach the fundraising goals of the organization
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Manage a growing portfolio of donors and prospects and secure major gifts
- Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate the efficacy of development efforts
- Participate in organizational, team and departmental meetings as assigned; adhere to all S4S policies and protocols.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Chief Marketing Officer.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- 7-plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead people and initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority
- High energy and passion for Soles4Souls’ mission is essential
- Valid driver’s license.