Social Enterprise Alliance Communications Coordinator
- August 11, 2019
About This Job
Social Enterprise Alliance is seeking candidates with 1+ years of work experience (including previous internships, summer jobs or part-time jobs) for a partially remote, full-time position, beginning August 1, 2019.
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for all of SEA’s external promotions and communications. As SEA broadens the scope of its work to focus on increasing the sales, and therefore capacity for impact, of social enterprises, our team is seeking a candidate with strong communications skills, attention to detail and ability to implement broad communications plans and campaigns.
Ongoing work includes (but is not limited to):
- representing SEA in all forms of external communication;
- maintaining SEA’s website, Knowledge Center, social media platforms and other communications channels by proactively sourcing news, resources and other relevant content;
- providing member value by promoting member content on the website, social media and newsletters
- creating and implementing communications plans for SEA programs
- writing and distributing SEA’s online newsletters
- engaging and growing SEA’s website, social media and newsletter audiences;
- implementing communications plans to effectively promote events, including Summit ‘19;
- reviewing SEA social media analytics, ads, communications budgets,
- staying current on social media best practices through research and implementation;
- responding to external communications inquiries as a positive representative of SEA to the broader social impact community;
- supporting the overall operations of the organization and our efforts to provide excellent customer service and member value; and
- assisting the Communications Manager in executing a long term vision for SEA’s advancement through communications
- assisting the Communications Manager with larger PR campaigns and brand strategies
Strong applicants will:
- have an undergraduate degree; studies or experience in business, communications or the social sector is a plus;
- display a personal interest in SEA’s vision, mission and values, and a strong commitment to positive social change;
- have a passion for writing, operations and overall communications;
- exhibit acute attention to detail;
- demonstrate an ability to be self-directed;
- have excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, communication and organizational skills;
- be able to think creatively and ideate new avenues and methods of communication for SEA, as well as improve existing systems;
- be a demonstrated team player with a clear understanding of team dynamics;
- be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications, along with online research; knowledge of WordPress, Hootsuite and Emma is a plus;
- be adaptable to learning and mastering new systems.
- Strong eye for visual design and basic knowledge of design tools like Adobe Suite and Canva a plus
If you are interested in this role, please send your cover letter, resume (portfolio a plus) to email@example.com with subject line: SEA Communications Coordinator.