Production & Operations Intern – Fall 2018
- July 29, 2018
About This Job
Parker Clay is a socially-motivated luxury lifestyle brand dedicated to transforming communities in Ethiopia through social and economic empowerment. Learn more at parkerclay.com.
Support Parker Clay team in operational effectiveness. Operations covers a wide spectrum of areas, including people, equipment, technology, materials, and information. This internship will focus on product and inventory management, alongside coordinating logistics for other projects as needed. Must be proficient in Google Suite.
● Inventory: Learn our inventory management platform and maintain accurate inventory counts of products in warehouse. Update inventory from shipments and conduct monthly manual inventory count.
● Quality Control: Ensure quality control for our products. Assist in making sure every product is ready to be purchased (polish, fix, sort out low quality) and compile quality reports on defect types and rates.
● Product Care: Care for inventory as needed. Polishing, making straps, etc.
● Technical Specifications: Make Product Spec Sheets or Bills of Materials for product tech packs.
Logistics & Support
● Events: Help with a variety of tasks to prepare for in store events.
● Editorial Content: Assist with editorial content for publication on Parker Clay journal.
● Reporting: Help compile data and produce reports. Some are template based: Quarterly Impact Reports and End of Month Reports; some will require strategic thinking to design useful new reports.
General Retail & Operations
● Retail Service: Know our products, prices, story and mission. Offer excellent retail assistance for in-store customers through conversation, answering questions, and product advice.
● Shop Operations: Help with daily cleaning, restocking, shipment unloading, and other miscellaneous tasks as needed. Maintain brand aesthetics at shop, event, or pop-up.
● Current University/College Student – pursuing degree in Business, Global Studies, or relevant field.
● Experience with inventory management, retail, or reporting a plus.
● Eager, hardworking, and self motivated. Passionate about social impact and/or ethical fashion.
● Excellent social and communication skills, both in writing and in-person.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter in PDF formats to email@example.com with the subject line Production & Operations Intern – [Your Name] in the subject line and tell us why you think you’d be a great fit for our team! Please note that only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.