Managing Director / General Manager
- March 6, 2019
About This Job
Impact Hub Seattle is hiring a General Managerto partner with a team of passionate staff serving an each-and-every-day inspiring community. The new General Managerwill benefit from a fivesix-year long solid reputation in coworking, events, and buildingcommunity. The business currently includes a city block of space with 30+ private offices, 700+ members, a thriving events calendar, and a history of innovative partnerships and programs (such as the conscious company accelerator Fledge.co). While these strengths will serve as the foundation for continued success, the new General Manager will also find that there significant challenges with operating a large space serving diverse and demanding clientele, while differentiating ourselves from increased competition.
Duties and Responsibilities
The General Manageris responsible to help develop and execute on business goals (including membership and event sales), lead a small staff in hospitality excellence, and serve as the primary liaison between the community, staff, and board.
- Work with the board to set clear and achievable business objectives.
- Train and support the staff in achieving business objectives while maintaining excellence in all areas related to hospitality and property management.
- Manage all business operations including:
- Sales and marketing – advertising offices, event space, and coworking membership; managing digital ad-spend; overseeing virtual/in-person sales; managing CRM and e-mail marketing automation.
- Property management – manage building maintenance, ensuring all furniture, fixtures, and equipment are in good working order within a strict budget. Make sure the WiFi network is strong and stable, the printer is easy and working, and the coffee is hot. Work to ensure building security. Always work to improve overall aesthetic and design.
- Event Management – ensuring that internal programs and external events are run flawlessly with strong communication, proper licenses, and excellent A/V, setup, and teardown support.
- Community Management – identify and execute on the right ways to connect with members (desk and office) to help them feel connected, inspired, and supported, including events, newsletters, one-on-one meetings, programs, etc.
- Supervise the staff, including hiring/terminating/promoting employees, and providing hands-on training and support to meet business objectives.
- Deal with inquiries, complaints and emergencies, and interact with customers to ensure satisfaction.
Impact Hub’s General Manager will have an important combination of core qualities, Including:
- Leadership, communication, customer service, supervisory, and management skills.
- Ability to motivate people, find synergies, and build on ideas.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Operates from a values-driven center.
For this central role, we seek a dynamic manager with experience in some or most of the following areas:
- Property management: understands physical space management and maintenance, shows excellence in attention to design and technology details.
- Community or Hospitality management: such as the general manager of a coworking space, boutique hotel, or health club;
- Budgeting and/or financial modeling
- Detailed and methodical in setting, tracking, and reporting on business goals;
- Creative, but at heart a maintainer who is inspired by “getting the job done”;
- Willing to take direction, teachable, but a self-starter willing to speak up and pursue their best ideas;
- Authentic and open personality with strong listening skills and emotional intelligence;
- Energetic, resilient, flexible
- Optimistic spirit and pragmatic do-er;
Key objectives for the new Coworking Space General Manager
- Execute the operating plan for the organization within budget;
- Find creative pathways for revenue growth, particularly regarding membership sales;
- Staff leadership and management. Serve as a unifying and decisive staff leader. Support staff at every level, and promote high morale, teamwork, and unity of purpose throughout the organization. Reinforce rigor, clarity, and consistency of internal communication and decision-making.
How to Apply
Please email and resume as a PDF (preferred) or Word document to Nicole Ferrer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please place your last name, followed by the position title, in the subject line.
Impact Hub provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status. All personnel actions, including but not limited to those relating to compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoffs, training, education, and tuition assistance are based on the principle of equal employment opportunity.