Director of Social Enterprise
- September 24, 2017
About This Job
Community Resource Center (CRC) is a nonprofit organization established in 1981 to provide innovative resources, education and strategies to nonprofits and community based organizations in Colorado. We build the capacity of individuals, organizations and ecosystems to affect change. We seek a highly skilled and strategic leader to build upon the organization’s successes in strengthening Colorado’s nonprofit sector. CRC’s work environment is fast paced, dynamic and flexible. Board, staff and AmeriCorps VISTA members collaborate closely on program development and organizational strategy. CRC’s team engages in grassroots, hands-on strategies for nonprofit capacity building, with an emphasis on our statewide presence. Candidates should be comfortable working in and with diverse communities across Colorado. CRC is a member of the Colorado Collaborative for Nonprofits and has a team of 10 staff and five AmeriCorps VISTA members.
The Director of Social Enterprise will partner with the CRC Leadership Team in the development and implementation of the Colorado Nonprofit Social Enterprise Exchange (The Exchange), a 10-month cohort-based peer learning opportunity. In partnership with the CEO, this position will also play a critical role in executing elements of CRC’s development strategy including supporting a culture of philanthropy within the organization and deepening CRC’s network of industry experts, sector leaders and stakeholders. This position will direct the growth, diversification, and strengthening of the Colorado Grants Guide™ and provide critical senior staff counsel as well as nurture a positive team culture and ongoing learning across the organization.
The Director of Social Enterprise reports to the CEO, participates as a member of the Leadership Team and will require a minimum of 25% travel in Colorado. They will provide critical senior staff counsel as well as nurture a positive team culture and ongoing learning across the organization. The Director will ensure that systems and processes are as effective as possible; maximizing CRC’s efficiency and impact, and allowing the staff to do their best work.
Community Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, AmeriCorps VISTAs and program participants.
Program Management (40%)
- Plan and implement a long-term, cohort based Social Enterprise educational program to increase nonprofit capacity and business development strategies
- Deliver trainings and facilitate peer learning groups in development best practices
- Recruit and cultivate business leaders to serve as mentors for The Exchange
- Support a resourced network of social enterprise nonprofits, philanthropists and foundations to influence enterprise innovation in Colorado
- Identify business and fund development opportunities for The Exchange
Fund Development (40%)
- Execute strategies identified in CRC’s fund development plan to increase individual giving to CRC
- Identify and execute strategies to increase membership of the Colorado Grants Guide™, including participation in the development of a new technology platform
- Collaborate with program staff to build funder relationships and to create custom grant applications and reports via a coordinated and streamlined workflow process
- Implement a plan to increase corporate giving and sponsorship opportunities
Organizational and Strategic Partnerships (20%)
- Participate as a member of CRC’s Leadership Team and influence ongoing organizational strategy, culture, and inclusivity processes
- Influence organizational marketing, financial management, and evaluation strategies
- Supervise and coach AmeriCorps VISTA members and/or other staff
This is a full-time position based in CRC’s Denver office. Compensation package includes benefits and pay will range from $57K-63K annual salary based on experience.
- A./B.S degree required, and minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience in nonprofit development and/or business development
- Confident public speaking, facilitation skills, presentation and/or teaching experience required
- Strong organizational skills and proven high attention to detail
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills
- Available to travel and work some evenings and/or weekends. Minimum 25% travel required for this position
- Computer literate and tech savvy
- Willingness to work cooperatively as part of a team
- Direct supervision and volunteer management experience required
- Agreement with and commitment to CRC’s mission and values
To apply, please send resume and cover letter explaining why you are particularly interested in and suited for this position in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Director of Social Enterprise” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.