- May 4, 2018
About This Job
Freedom’s Promise is an organization working to prevent human trafficking in SE Asia through community development and the love of Christ. The Development Intern will be responsible for a
variety of tasks related to fundraising, with an emphasis on event planning and execution, research, and donor relations.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Responsibilities during the internship will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Work alongside staff to plan and execute large and small-scale fundraising events
• Assist in donor and funding research for local, national, and international foundations, corporations, government entities, and other giving bodies
• Conduct research and grant related writing assignments for potential funding opportunities
• Administrate donor follow up through letter writing and phone calls
• Build relationships and partnerships with the Freedom’s Promise community
• Track fundraising analytics using donor software, and make strategy determinations based upon data findings
• Assist in building development strategy and participate in brainstorming new ideas
Qualifications for the ideal candidate:
• Completed or working toward a college degree in a related field (e.g., Nonprofit Management, Business, English, Public Relations, Marketing/Communications, or other relevant major)
• An effective communicator with a natural ability to engage audiences in written form
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills and the ability to conduct online research, work in Microsoft Office, donor software, etc.
• Comfortable working alone on assignments and in collaboration with others
• Previous internship or related experience in research, communications, and/or fundraising is a plus
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter (including three personal goals for this internship) and resume to email@example.com.