Coordinator of Behavioral Services
- July 22, 2017
About This Job
Barc Housing is a well-established, nationally accredited, non-profit, 36 bed Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID) in Davie, Florida. We are currently looking for an experienced BCBA to fill the position of Coordinator of Behavioral Services.
The Coordinator of Behavioral Services works with the Barc Housing Administrator, a variety of Interdisciplinary Team Members, medical staff and a team of Direct Support Professionals to provide applied behavior analysis services for adults with developmental disabilities. This position provides training to staff, ensures program compliance with regulatory standards, conducts behavioral evaluations and designs behavior support plans for the clients of Barc Housing, among other duties.
- Evaluates clients for behavior analysis services/completes functional assessments.
- Develops and implements behavioral programs.
- Presents behavior plans to the Local Review Committee.
- Educates Direct Support Professionals and behavioral staff on the proper implementation ofbehavior programs and behavioral strategies
- Works cooperatively with BCBA and staff at the Day Training Program at Arc Broward to coordinate services across settings.
- Monitors staff implementation of plans and data collection.
- Acts as the lead staff during behavioral crisis when on site.
- Is responsible for the ongoing individual program oversight and program compliance with agency and regulatory standards and procedures.
- Meets regularly with Barc Housing Administrator notifies him/her immediately of issues impacting clients’ progress.
- On call for any behavioral emergencies.
Pay and Benefits:
- $65,000 per year with a $5,000 retention bonus at the end of the first year.
- We offer an employee-friendly working environment that provides for professional enrichment and growth.
- Generous Paid Time off Policy.
- Employer subsidized health insurance.
- Voluntary Dental, Hospital confinement, Short-term, Long-term disability, and Life Insurance plans.
- Tax-Sheltered Annuity Retirement Plan with employer contribution after six months of employment.
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Board Certification in Behavior Analysis required.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience of Behavior Analysis in the field of Developmental Disabilities.
- Have or be able to gain a strong knowledge of Agency for Health Care Administration survey procedures for ICF/IIDs.
- Become certified as a Trainer and provide Professional Crisis Management training.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be highly organized with the ability to multitask.
- Must pass a pre-employment Level 2 criminal background check and drug screen.
- Reliable, consistent work attendance is a requirement and essential function of this position.
To apply online, click here.