Chrysalis Volunteer & Program Director
- June 25, 2018
About This Job
- Do you value the important contributions of volunteers?
- Is “outstanding customer service” your middle name?
- Can’t sleep if programming isn’t engaging and informative?
- Can you balance having a vision/setting strategies and rolling up your sleeves to get the job done?
- Want to join the leadership ranks of a well-known and expanding nonprofit with large social enterprises?
- Want to lead a team working hard to change lives through jobs?
If so, keep reading! The Volunteer & Program Director position at Chrysalis might be for you!
The Volunteer & Program Director plays a key role in enhancing Chrysalis programming content and delivery. The V&P team oversees the recruitment, training, coordination and support of approximately 85 weekly volunteers. In addition, they manage the core program (classes, resumes, practice interviews, etc.) content development and delivery, including supporting staff/volunteer training efforts across Chrysalis sites. As part of the Chrysalis leadership team, this position plays an integral role in supporting many crucial elements of the organization’s Strategic Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
Manage Volunteer Pipeline and Pool to Deliver Exceptional Services to Clients
- Recruit, onboard, place, train, support, manage, engage and celebrate 85+ weekly volunteers to provide mission-critical services, such as class facilitation, resume development, practice interviews, online job applications and resource room upkeep.
- Implement consistent and efficient recruitment and onboarding process for all volunteers, in keeping with the Chrysalis brand.
- Ensure sufficient, consistent and high-quality volunteer services to meet needs.
- Maintain electronic database(s) of volunteer details (contact information, services provided, etc.) updated in accurate and timely manner.
- Working with data team colleagues, conduct evaluation of program effectiveness with an eye toward identifying opportunities to improve program operations.
- Ensure volunteers meet established standards and follow Chrysalis policies and procedures in providing key services to clients.
- Manage program delivery aspect of volunteer services, including forms/tools/templates/training for resume/interview volunteers as well as support for class facilitators.
- Develop back-up volunteer capacity by cross-training and scheduling volunteers strategically.
- Deliver direct service in the event that a volunteer is unavailable.
- In collaboration with Site Directors, respond to escalated client grievances.
Develop and Oversee Core Program Service Delivery
- Oversee Chrysalis’ job readiness training program, including the Core Program (classes and 1:1 services) and enrichment programming (e.g., Tools for Success, support groups, Customer Service Training, Women’s Empowerment Program), as appropriate. This includes keeping materials up-to-date and making material and procedural enhancements as needed.
- Identify new programs, program components, and updates to existing programs, and work with Client Services Leadership Team to plan, design, and then roll out changes.
- Incorporate best practices and standards, such as Trauma Informed Care and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, in curriculum and training.
- Work closely with full Client Services management to facilitate best-in-class staff meetings/trainings and client experiences.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of program reports, evaluations, and other data collection (quantitative & qualitative). Ensure appropriate mechanisms in place to capture data/reflect participation.
- Maintain supplies, such as workbooks, stamps and name tags, at each site necessary to conduct classes.
Provide Unique Engagement Opportunities and Manage Key Partner Relationships
- Work collaboratively with Development & Communications and Senior Management to :
- cultivate Chrysalis supporters, including individuals, groups, and corporations.
- develop multi-faceted engagement strategies for companies seeking Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) opportunities with Chrysalis.
- host large annual fundraiser, staffed in large part by volunteers.
- Identify and oversee a range of group volunteer activities to engage individuals/corporations with Chrysalis, including pre-planning and day-of logistics.
- Maintain flexibility to engage high-profile volunteers with a variety of schedules and interests.
- Lead, support, mentor, and manage a growing volunteer & program team consisting of 4+ team members and additional staff/interns as needed.
- Develop and foster a culture of engagement, innovation, support, transparency, and accountability.
- Adhere to all Chrysalis policies and procedures.
- Support the Chrysalis Mission and adhere to the Chrysalis Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Interest in, experience working with, and sensitivity toward the Chrysalis client population.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 2-3 years managing volunteer program and designing/delivering programming or equivalent customer service, leadership and training experience.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills, including the ability to coach/mentor staff, volunteers and clients.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to use tact and diplomacy in all interactions.
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and the ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately yet maintain flexibility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Ability to solve challenging operational problems and make timely decisions, often under pressure with tight and competing deadlines.
- Self-starter with “can do” attitude and initiative.
- Ability to interact with clients, colleagues, partners, and others with diplomacy and tact.
- Maintain confidential information and exercise discretion.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Facility for data and statistics, including comfort with spreadsheets and database programs.
- High level of proficiency in software applications including, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and Google programs required. Previous experience in case management database program(s) preferred. Willingness to learn new computer applications.
- Car with valid driver license and insurance required.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, organization and time management skills.
- Thrive in high paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Please submit your cover letter and resume at http://changelives.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a255j1n2jo73