Social Enterprise: Fueling Women Power
- March 13, 2017
- 11:00 am — 4:45 pm
About This Event
Exclusive Dialogue Event For US Leaders & Entrepreneurs in Social Enterprise
Help us explore the impact of US social enterprise on women’s empowerment on the beautiful University of Minnesota business campus.
This dialogue event is part of an international research study conducted by the British Council examining the relationship between social enterprise activity and women’s empowerment. Join other leaders from around the country and around the region who are making a difference for women through their roles in innovative approaches to addressing women’s issues across the world and in our back yard.
This dialogue event will be interactive, engaging you along with the other participants in wrestling with the most important questions for our sectors. These questions will be distilled out of hundreds of surveys, key informant interviews with other social enterprise leaders, and focus groups intended to surface the burning concerns and needs of our times.
This event is facilitated and organized by international researchers and local social enterprise leaders to create an inspiring and transformative experience. You will be asked to lean in and help us move key women’s issues forward. Results of the 5 country study will be provided to participants when the final research is published late spring.
- 11-Noon – Concurrent Focus Groups (by application only: click here to submit your application)
- Noon – 1pm – Lunch for all participants
- 1pm – 1:30 – Official event kickoff, welcome, and context setting
- 1:30 – 4pm – Facilitated dialogue event (includes small group discussion)
- 4pm – 4:45 – Social Time (includes beverages & appetizers)
Call for Volunteers:
- Are you local? Would you like to support the event and the planning team? Earn free admission? Apply here!
For those traveling:
- this is a downtown location, and close to affordable hotel & AirBnB options
- there is direct Light Rail Transit from the airport to many stops downtown near the event site
- Uber & Lyft rides are plentiful throughout the city
- the weather is generally turning towards spring at this time, and should be mild 🙂
- some needs-based travel stipends are available. Please apply if you need financial support to attend.