Social Enterprise 101: Building a Sustainable Business Culture
- December 10, 2015
- 1:00 pm — 4:30 pm
About This Event
We are pleased to announce the launch of our 2015-16 training series on social enterprise. Based on the feedback we received from our members and those interested in social enterprise, we are initiating our training series as part of a 5 class program to cover best practices on implementing and managing a successful social enterprise organization.
Additionally, one can register for one class or all five, the training prices are very affordable.
- $35 per class ($20 for Early bird reservation, sign up by December 4 for Social Enterprise 101)
- $100 for the series of five classes
December 10, 2015: 1-4:30 PM, Facilitator: Niki McCuistion
Social Enterprise 101: Building a Sustainable Business Culture (1 – 4:30 PM); a hands on guide for those considering establishing a social enterprise – the how to’s , steps and challenges to achieving sustainability.
This class will cover how an organization can build on sustainability through social enterprise. If your nonprofit has funding challenges- this hands on workshop will give you an understanding of the tools necessary to diversify and strengthen your revenue sources.
You’ll leave this training with proven strategies to strengthen your organizations’ mission, explore new ways to build income streams and to evaluate social enterprise opportunities for your organization. This workshop will address the do’s and don’ts of social enterprise and give you the basics on how to turn current activities and future capabilities into revenue opportunities with the goal to reduce your nonprofit’s dependency on grants, charity, donations and special events as your only resources.
Who should attend Workshop?
- Nonprofit executives and their board members
- Development professionals
- Anyone curious about how Social Enterprise can assist their non-profits to diversify their revenue
- How do you decide if your organization is ready for social enterprise?
- What are the steps required to launch a social enterprise?
- How do you identify the right social enterprise idea?
- What are the business planning basics?
Future Social Enterprise University classes listed below:
2) Telling Your Organization’s Story, 1/7/16 from 1 – 4:30 PM
The Art and Science of telling a compelling story about your mission that engages funders and the community, Facilitator is Suzanne Smith.
3) Strategic & Business Planning, 2/2/16 from 1 – 4:30 PM
How to develop actionable, measurable results such as writing a one-page business plan, Facilitator is Ann Ranson
4) Sales & Marketing for a Successful Social Enterprise, 3/3/16 from 9 AM -12 Noon
Understanding marketing and sustainability and strengthening your brand, Facilitator Vin Hoey
5) Communicating Effectively, 4/7/16 from 1 – 4:30 PM
This course will target communication from the aspect of how you can communicate effectively from the inside out. It will look how you can best state your intention and purpose, leading to more successful outcomes, Facilitator Laurel Rolls
Please reserve your seats ASAP on Eventbrite. For more information and to reserve your seat please contact Niki McCuistion, email@example.com