Workshop: Fundamentals of Nonprofit Finance
- September 12, 2017
- 9 am CT — 12 pm CT
About This Event
This workshop is designed to make you more comfortable with nonprofit finance. At this workshop, you will walk through real nonprofit examples and reports that will help you understand jargon, accounting rules, roles and responsibilities, and procedures and policies. This workshop is right for you if you are new to the nonprofit sector, nonprofit finance, or your position as staff or board member. After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognize key nonprofit finance terminology.
- Read key financial reports including the balance sheet, income statement, IRS 990, and audited financial statements.
- Understand the accounting rules governing restricted funds.
- Implement basic financial reporting and compliance processes.
- Clarify financial roles and responsibilities.