Community Canvas: Celebrating Dickerson Pike’s Creative Spirit
- July 13, 2019
- 11:00am — 5:00pm
About This Event
Friday, July 12, 2019 at 2pm:
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Ribbon Cutting for Mural Launch at POVA
Saturday, July 13, 2019:
Mural Launch and Block Party
- Murals and Art Exhibition at Poverty and the Arts (POVA) in partnership with AT&T, WeGo Transit, and The Studio 208
- DIY Screen-printing with Hip Hues – Come create your own commemorative event t-shirt or tote bag!
- Glam Life Luxury Photo Booth at POVA
- Live music & pop-up market with local artisans at Drkmttr Collective
- Shopping at Good Wood Nashville
- Tattoos from new neighborhood shop Kustom Thrills Cleveland Park
- Good food & brews at neighborhood restaurants Meridian Street Cafe & Bar, Madeline Pizza & Pasta, Retrograde Coffee, and East Nashville Beer Works
- Banjo’s Food Truck at POVA
- Art Crawl with East Nashville galleries during the East Side Art Stumble (6-9pm)
AT&T sponsored the murals and provided our artists impacted by homelessness the materials and income to design and implement two exterior studio murals, as well as murals on two covered bus stops along Dickerson Pike. The murals are in partnership with WeGo Transit and The Studio 208.
Our Community Canvas Block Party is also sponsored by several local businesses in our neighborhood including LKQ Pick Your Part, Armstrong Real Estate, Arbonne International Consultant, Victoria Woodard, and Publix.
Join us for our Community Canvas block party and celebrate public art, small businesses, and our creative and vibrant neighborhood.