What is Social Enterprise?
AuthorSocial Enterprise Alliance
Published bySocial Enterprise Fund
- January 28, 2011
A social enterprise is an organization that marries the social mission of a non-profit or government program with the market-driven approach of a business.
This short video is a great overview of social enterprise and the distinguishing features that set it apart from traditional nonprofit or for profit organizations.
For a more detailed article defining social enterprise, click here.
To learn more about social enterprise, be sure to check out the following resources:
- Monthly updates on social enterprise sector news, stories, events and more in the SEA newsletter.
- Connections to hundreds of individuals and organizations involved in the social enterprise ecosystem in our online organization and member directory.
- A growing network of local, grassroots Social Enterprise Alliance chapters.
- Local, regional and national social enterprise opportunities posted in the online SEA events portal and job board.
- A national platform highlighting social enterprise products and services in SEA’s online marketplace.