• EVERYONE DESERVES EQUAL ACCESS TO OPPORTUNITY •
We started the Pave a Path scholarship because we fully believe everyone deserves equal access to opportunity. We think that when social entrepreneurs are in well-connected communities, they are best able to thrive and work toward the social impact they envision. However, not all social entrepreneurs have the access or financial ability to join those networks, gain the skills or utilize the resources.
The Pave a Path Scholarship was created to carve a pathway for emerging social entrepreneurs who face barriers to opportunity, by providing membership scholarships to join SEA. This year, scholarship recipients will also have the opportunity to apply for further learning and networking opportunities, courtesy of our partner, industry leader Greyston Bakery and their Center for Open Hiring. See if you fit our eligibility criteria listed below, and apply today!
What Does the Scholarship Include?
If chosen, recipients will join our second cohort of Pave a Path scholarship recipients and receive organizational level membership with SEA. This will give you access to:
- The largest national network of social enterprise leaders
- SEA’s Mentorship Program, connecting members with experienced social enterprise leaders for advice, guidance and support
- SEA’s Office Hours Program, which offers dedicated time from experts in HR, legal, accounting/finance and other business management fields to assist with social enterprise operations
- Discounts on unique programming and promotional services
- SEA Impact Lab Program, a five-day funding readiness workshop, with curriculum taught by capital-advisors and mentors
- Guest blogs, newsletter features, and other promotional opportunities on SEA’s platforms
- Inclusion on ToastingGood.com and eligible for relevant social enterprise gift guides
- Chapter programs and activities
- Exclusive, member-only discounts on events, professional services, business supplies and other unique business offerings
- Free access to SEA’s online offerings, including:
- Frequent webinars with actionable takeaways from social enterprise’s brightest minds
- SEA’s webinar archive, featuring insights from social enterprise leaders, investors and professionals
- Members Only newsletter, featuring unique funding opportunities, community programs, knowledge resources and updates
- Discounts on our bi-annual Summit registration fee — Summit is an energizing national convening bringing together social enterprise leaders from all over the country to learn, network and grow. Summit ‘19 will be held September 9-11 in Chicago.
- Access to new and developing offerings like MasterClass, Community Markets & Social Enterprise Certification
How Do I Know if I’m Eligible?
Applicants for the Pave a Path scholarship are eligible if they satisfy the following criteria, in no particular order:
- Must be actively running a social enterprise organization (see definition here)
- Organization must have less than $100,000 in revenue
- Must be based in the United States
- Must be from an underrepresented population (female, ethnic minorities, LGBTQIA, veterans, disability)
- Applicants also qualify if they display a need for scholarship because of significant financial barriers to entering the community
- SEA offers a benefit that could help your social enterprise grow
If you think this fits you, apply by Sunday, February 24th to be considered for the Pave a Path scholarship!
Joining a community that supports and empowers you is essential to social enterprise growth and your career as an entrepreneur. When you are given access to the tools you need, you are better equipped to bring much-need lasting change to the communities around you. Apply today for the chance to take that next step forward in your social enterprise journey.
Do I have to fit all listed criteria to be eligible?
No. However, applicants do have to satisfy all four of characteristics 1-4 to be eligible. These include; actively running a social enterprise, organization revenue below $100,000, must be based in the United States and a member of an underrepresented population.
What level of SEA membership will I get if I receive the scholarship?
Recipients will receive organizational level membership with SEA.
When will I know if I’ve received the scholarship?
Applicants will be notified whether or not they’ve received a scholarship no later than April 5th, 2019.
If I have questions about my application/eligibility, who can I contact?
For any further questions or concerns about your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line; “Pave A Path Application Inquiry”.
I applied last year and was not selected. Can I apply again?
Yes, you can apply again.
I applied last year and was selected. Can I apply again?
No, you cannot apply again.