A New Funding Readiness Program
Impact Lab is a 5-day, funding readiness curriculum equipping social entrepreneurs and startups with the skills they need to seek investment. This hands-on workshop provides participants with an intensive curriculum, supported by world-class mentors, funders and a community of fellow entrepreneurs. Ideal for those who have an existing product and are looking to systematically scale their venture, this program will leave participants with a host of tangible outcomes and skills to approach investors, and a community that provides long-lasting support.
About the Program
We will host the Impact Lab in Nashville, TN five times in 2018, and upwards of 20 participants accepted to each round, there are plenty of opportunities to participate. Save these dates:
- March 19th – 23rd — apply by Feb. 11 to participate
- April 23rd – 27th — apply by Feb. 11 to participate
- June 25th – 29th
- July 9th-13th
- September 17th – 21st
We are now accepting applicants for the first two labs! The deadline to apply is February 11th. Applications will reopen periodically for each round.
About the Curriculum
By the end of the five days, participants will have:
- Learned the fundraising process from start to finish and the elements needed to successfully raise funding
- Diagnosed their funding preparedness and designed a strategic plan to become funding ready
- Learned research and outreach techniques to find funders and created a list of at least 30 potential funders
- Learned how to build strong relationships with funders
- Completed funding readiness “reality checks” with 4 – 5 real funders and received real and honest feedback on their investment preparedness
- Drastically increased their confidence level about leading an investor meeting, leading to far more productive meetings with future potential funders
This is just a snapshot of the in-depth instruction participants can expect to receive through Impact Lab. The Nashville chapter of SEA piloted this program in 2017 with great success and we are excited to follow their lead and bring this opportunity to the larger SEA community. Read about last year’s Impact Lab: Nashville here. This program is in partnership with Uncharted.
The cost of this powerful workshop is $1250 with a 30% discount for organizational members so, if you’re interested in participating, mark your calendars or apply today to participate in round one or two!